COVID-19 Update 22nd September 2020
KIlmore Golf Club is OPEN – the following conditions apply
Based on information made public by the Victorian DHHS, Golf Australia recommends the following:
- All golfers must wear a face covering or face mask when playing golf in the Mitchell Shire, unless they are affected by a relevant medical condition such as breathing difficulties (e.g. Asthma), a serious skin condition on the face, a disability or a mental health condition.
- Upon arrival all players must wear a face covering and will be asked to leave the facility immediately if they are not wearing a face covering, unless they are affected by a relevant medical condition.
- A medical certificate or other proof of exemption must be provided for players who state they have a valid reason not to wear a face covering.
- All club/facility employees and volunteers must wear a face covering while at work. It is the responsibility of clubs/facilities to ensure that employees and volunteers are wearing a face covering while working. Fines may be levied by police on clubs/facilities if employees and volunteers do not wear face coverings.
Golf cart hire
Golf Australia are pleased to advise that the Victorian Government has allowed an exemption for cart hire under the following conditions:
- Golf carts should only be used by a person who has a disability, is over the age of 65, or who can demonstrate that they require one due to having special needs. GA recommends that a medical certificate should be supplied to demonstrate these needs
- A one person per cart limit, unless both riders are household members and both meet the criteria as listed above.
- Clubs/facilities are required to thoroughly clean the carts before and after each use.
Golf bookings – You must book in advance in order to play golf. Phone 0437 712 973 to book a tee time (business hours). There will be no “roll-up play” allowed.
Social distancing – Keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres from others at all times. Please adhere to the Government’s social distancing rules when at the club, in the carpark, in the Golf Shop, on the course and when using the practice facilities. Do not congregate in groups before or after your round. Do not touch others’ equipment or belongings.
Hygiene and cleaning – Please do not touch anything that is not your own equipment and use the hand sanitiser that is available in the golf shop before and after your round. It would be good practice to use your own hand sanitiser regularly during your round. We are cleaning our hire carts after each use as well as “frequent touch points” around the Golf Shop and toilets.
Illness – If you are experiencing any cold, flu or fever type symptoms, please do not attend the club. Instead, go and get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible. If someone who has visited the club tests positive for COVID-19, all people who were at the course will be contacted.
Competitions – Competitions will be held on Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please use the handicap calculation posters in the shop window to calculate your daily handicap.
Saturday and Wednesday Competitions
Please phone 0437 712 973 to book a tee time. The first tee will be 8.00am and the last tee time will be 12.30pm.
Tuesday and Thursday Competitions
Please phone 0434 197 327 to book a tee time. The first tee time will be 9.30am and the last tee time will be 10.00am (dependent on numbers of participants).
During your round
Carts – One person per cart. No exceptions. Note: Carts may be banned due to course conditions. Phone beforehand to check.
Tee off – Please wait until the group in front has left the tee before proceeding to that tee.
Scorecard marking – Mark your own scorecard in the PLAYER column. Mark your partner’s score in the MARKER column. Verbally check scores throughout and upon completion of the round. Sign your own card only. Do not sign your partner’s card. You must put the correct date on the scorecard.
Bunkers – If your ball finishes in a bunker, you may take a preferred lie within the bunker without penalty. After your shot, smooth the area with your feet. Rakes will not be on the course.
Flagstick – The flagsticks must not be touched at any time. Do not take the flagstick out of the hole. Use your putter to straighten the flagstick if it is leaning over.
Sand buckets – Sand buckets will be available for members to loan for the time being. Please keep it with your equipment and return when notified. Green fee players shall not use a sand bucket – please replace your divot where possible.
Drink taps and ball washers – Not to be used.
After your round
Hand shaking – Do not shake hands or make contact with your partners before, during or after the round. Maintain a 1.5-metre distance from others at all times.
Scorecard submission – Hand in your scorecard at the Golf Shop. If closed, place in honesty box shute after your round.
Temporary local rules
Preferred lies (hand span/card width) in the general area (formerly “through the green”) without penalty.
Bunkers – preferred lie (hand span/card width) without penalty.
Golf clubs in NSW have been fined $20,000 because members have breached social distancing rules and Golf Australia’s procedures as outlined above. We cannot afford that. Please think of the club and other members first and follow all of the rules and procedures. If you are unsure about something, please ask.
These rules and procedures are adapted from Golf Australia’s recommendations.
We MUST follow them.
Club Details: Anderson Road, Kilmore, Victoria, Australia 3764.
Phone: (03) 5782 1123 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kilmore Golf Club is situated 25 minutes drive from the northern suburbs of Melbourne.